Friday, January 23, 2009

Will I ever leave the computer?

Well, as of recently, I have not only begun this blog but started my nimble fingers at DJing and producing electronic music.

That being said, between ranting about inane shit and complaining about morons, I will be spending a lot of time producing, downloading and mixing music. In the past few days Ive probably put together about 10 hours of work into learning the programs and understanding every knob (including rocking out hard on the train yesterday.)

That being said, Im starting to see results. Im starting to seamlessly intertwine songs and using properly timed channel manipulations, filters and effects. Its pretty awesome.

Now that I understand the program, Im downloading a shitton of music. While I already have a ton of music, I need the high quality forms and various remixes of the a lot of new stuff. I cant say I have been keeping up too well on current hip music so thankfully beatport is to the rescue. I would have to say I imagine myself playing electro-house and must admit, it is the most fun for me. I get to create huge drops, make fun remixes and there are lots of options for live manipulation. While I enjoy the more minimal side as well, I dont think it would properly create the party effect that Im looking for. Well, we will see how it goes I suppose. I really hope it does not flounder out when school gets tough.

Honestly, I dont think it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment